Friday, November 19, 2010

I've had an interesting week. First, on Saturday at work, I was cleaning a room and picked up a towel which happened to be covered in perfumed Talcum Powder. Not knowing this, I snapped it open and all the powder went all over the floor, me and into my lungs. Ten minutes later I couldn't even talk. After drinking a bunch of water, I told my boss what happened, finished work that day and went home. Next day, I go to church and after we sing the second hymn, I can't breathe. I tried to catch my breath but after the next hymn (which I had to play) I still couldn't breathe so Mom took me home and kept a close eye on me. I stayed downstairs where it was cold which helped the breathing. The Talcum Powder just tore up my throat and sinuses. THEN, Monday I didn't go to school because I knew I'd be completely out of breath after 20 steps or so. I went to the doctor, he said it wasn't so severe that I'd have to be hospitalized and was getting enough oxygen. Good news right? Well, the doc was feeling my throat when he says that my thyroid feels enlarged. The thyroid is pretty darn important so I go to the hospital to get a blood test and an ultrasound of my neck. Tuesday, I'm told by Mom that the Doctor called and said I had a BB size CYST on my thyroid. LUCKY ME! I guess the whole Talcum Powder thing was a blessing in disguise. The doctor said the cyst is nothing to worry about, but will be keeping an eye on it, just in case. I've realized, I'm only twenty, but I have the most health problems in my immediate family. Sigh.

2 comments:

Gurgy said...

We love you anyways you know...

Kristen said...

HAHA, no you don't! Me and mom both got you beat. And Dad.... geez he had heart surgery when he was 4! But I'm sure it was a rough week... :( I'm glad you're feeling better from the powder, that's such a crazy thing to have happen!